Quick, easy and delicious for the win.
[recipe title="Peanut Butter Energy Bites" servings="15 balls" time="30-60mins"]
- 1 cup (~220 g) dates, pitted (if dry, soak in warm water for 10 minutes, then drain well)
- 3 Tbsp all natural salted peanut or almond butter
- 1/4 cup dairy free dark chocolate, roughly chopped (cocoa powder will work in a pinch, too)
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds (or sub flax or hemp seeds)
- 2/3 cup olled oats
- Pulse dates in a food processor or blender until they’re in small pieces or it forms a ball (see photo).
- Add oats, chocolate, chia seeds and peanut butter and pulse or mix until combined. You want there to be consistently small pieces but not overly processed.
- Carefully roll into 1-inch balls (29-30 grams per ball), using the warmth of your hands to mold them together. Should yield 14-15 balls.
- To set, pop in fridge or freezer for 15 minutes. Otherwise, eat as is! Will keep fresh in an air-tight bag or container for up to a week. Freeze for longer term storage.