Vanilla Cinnamon Protein Bites
Oh man, it has been so long since I've made protein bites! But I've noticing that I'm missing these sweet delights in my day. So I spent some time researching the best flavors and ingredients for these fall-inspired bites. And nothing says fall more than cinnamon.
Cinnamon is just such a warming spice. It makes everything smell amazing! And it adds a sweet spiciness to dishes. Honestly, guys, I will use cinnamon on everything! Greek yogurt. Stews. Dessert. Toast. ALL THE THINGS!
And vanilla AND cinnamon together...[insert heart eyes emoji here!] I can't get enough! Enter this Vanilla Cinnamon Protein Bites.
The recipe here is slightly adapted from Cotter Crunch, who has some of the best gluten-free dishes. I had to adapt it slightly so that it was slightly sweet, but not overpowering. Because there is quite a bit of cinnamon, I would also suggest that if you aren't a huge cinnamon fan, reduce this amount.
I also adjusted some of the steps to make it work for me.
[recipe title="Vanilla Cinnamon Protein Bites" servings="16 bites" time="20 minutes"]
- 1 heaping TBSP ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder (use your favorite brand)
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup honey (I prefer to use less honey)
- ½ cup almond meal (or ground almonds)
- ¼ cup nut butter (creamy no stir works best)
- ¾ cup of gluten free quick oats
- Vanilla extract
- Grind up your oats in a food processor and transfer into a mixing bowl. The other option: You keep them whole as well and adjust the addition of honey.
- Add your almond meal, protein powder, cinnamon, and nut butter. Stir ingredients all together. Add in honey and vanilla. Mix again.
- Roll into 1-1.5 inch balls on a cookie sheet.
- Freeze until firm.
- Keep in fridge or freezer for up to 6 weeks.
I can't get enough of these little cinnamon protein bites. They are a great post-workout snack, afternoon pick-me-up or even a healthy dessert.
What's your favorite fall-inspired snack recipe?