I am so excited for this feature! Kim and I met while we were both working for a Calgary non-profit a few years ago. I have learned so much about life from this woman. Not only is she incredibly wise, she is one the most effortlessly stylish and kind-hearted people I know. She is not afraid to give her opinion and knows exactly what you need to hear. She has opened a cool clothing boutique in Calgary where she shares her love for style and people. Here's more of her story.
Tell me a little bit about yourself and your work. Where are you from? What do you do?
I'm Kimberly French. A Personal Stylist & Shopper turned Boutique Partner at Kloth | Bar.
After a decade of helping men & women create the ultimate look, I've now created the perfect environment to achieve it!
What inspires you to do what you do? How did you start doing this work?
What inspires you most about your community?
I've had the privilege to live in various cities and experience endless cultures, which eliminates the boundaries in the fashion sense. Specifically, in Calgary, there is a notion that the fashion scene plays it safe and thats not necessarily true. Women in YYC want to experiment with their wardrobes, they just don't know where to start and how to achieve. There is a sense of permission and encouragement required for each styling situation. It's affording Calgarians an opportunity to live authentically through their clothes, and be as diverse as their city.
If you could give anyone who is starting out in your field one piece of advice, what would it be?
- Do the extra. Go above and beyond. It's the extra that gets you noticed.
- Do what you love. It's truly your innate talent that will lead to success, not necessarily a degree.
Tell me three fun facts about yourself or your organization.
- I used to work in the NHL for the Toronto Maple Leafs.
- I've once sold the shirt off my back in a major Canadian city.
- When customers come into Kloth | Bar looking amazing, we have to snap a pic. Regardless of whether you're wearing our garments or not. Our appreciation for style knows no boundaries.
How can people get in touch?
Facebook: Kloth Bar
Do you know of a person, business, non-profit or other organization doing amazing work in Calgary? Tell me about it! Visit the Feature Friday page for more information!