Everyone has crazy busy days. It seems like I have crazy busy weeks. I love these energy bites from Minimalist Baker. Peanut buttery. Chocolatey. Slightly sweet. In other words, the perfect burst of energy. They only have five ingredients and take 15 minutes to make.
Quick, easy and delicious for the win.
Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- 1 cup (~220 g) dates, pitted (if dry, soak in warm water for 10 minutes, then drain well)
- 3 Tbsp all natural salted peanut or almond butter
- 1/4 cup dairy free dark chocolate, roughly chopped (cocoa powder will work in a pinch, too)
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds (or sub flax or hemp seeds)
- 2/3 cup olled oats
- Pulse dates in a food processor or blender until they’re in small pieces or it forms a ball (see photo).
- Add oats, chocolate, chia seeds and peanut butter and pulse or mix until combined. You want there to be consistently small pieces but not overly processed.
- Carefully roll into 1-inch balls (29-30 grams per ball), using the warmth of your hands to mold them together. Should yield 14-15 balls.
- To set, pop in fridge or freezer for 15 minutes. Otherwise, eat as is! Will keep fresh in an air-tight bag or container for up to a week. Freeze for longer term storage.