Chocolate + avocado + cookies? One word for you: YASSSS!!
These days, I’m really loving the avocado-based desserts. In fact, if you’ve read my post on Coconut Avocado Grasshopper Bars, you’ll know I have a love/not love thing going on with avocado. I still cringe a little when I feel a chunk of the fruit in my mouth, but smooth it out and make it creamy and chocolatey and I’m all over it.
And these cookies are just so darn delicious! Ooey, gooey and ultra chocolatey, the avocado adds a silky smooth creaminess to the light and slightly doughy bite that eats more like an airy cloud than a cookie.
The cookies are sweetened with coconut sugar and contain no flour, so yeah, they’re pretty healthy. There are a couple of eggs in the recipe, but you can easily make these cookies vegan by using a flax egg.
All you need is 20 minutes and six ingredients and wham bam, you’ve got yourself a healthy, guilt-free and oh-so-delicious cookie.
Chocolate Avocado Cookies
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs (or flax egg)
- 1 cup dark cocoa powder
- 100 g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven at 350° F.
- Scoop avocado flesh into a stand mixer or food processor. You can also use a hand mixer.
- Add coconut sugar. Blend until smooth.
- Add eggs. Mix.
- Add cocoa powder and baking soda. Combine.
- Stir in dark chocolate.
- Use two spoons and drop dough on a lined cookie sheet. The cookies don’t spread out very much, so be sure to flatten them with a back of a spoon.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. If cookies are still quite pillowy, bake for another couple minutes.
Tag your photos #bourbonandhoney on Instagram and Twitter.